It’s no secret I love anything outer space related and stargazing. Before I discovered my passion for design, I actually wanted to be an astronomer or a physicist. I even was almost going to be a galaxy for Halloween this last year. To bring a little of the night sky into my home, I DIY-ed some simple wall decor featuring one of my favorite constellations- Ursa Major.
Check out the tutorial to make your own:
1. Gather your supplies: a small canvas, black and blue acrylic paints, Mod Podge, glitter, a Sharpie, studs, and a brush.
2. Paint your canvas. I painted black paint on the top half, and blue on the bottom half, and then blended them together to create a gradient night sky.
3. Allow paint to dry, and then apply a layer of Mod Podge.
4. Sprinkle glitter onto the wet Mod Podge and allow it to dry. Once dry, add a second layer of Mod Podge to seal the glitter.
5. Once all your Mod Podge is dried, draw out your favorite constellation with the Sharpie.
6. Dip the back of each stud in some Mod Podge, and place it on the canvas at each star location. Allow to dry and enjoy!
If I can get my hands on more small canvases, I think I’ll make a series of these and hang them up in a row. What is your favorite constellation?