Today is my 24th birthday! This last weekend I celebrated my birthday jointly with my friend Sam (who is two days older than me) and made us birthday crowns. I am a firm believer that age is just a number, and that you should never stifle your inner child.
When I was in junior high I remember looking at college graduates and thinking they were so old. Now that I am that age, I don’t feel like a total grown up, but junior high students do look young to me.
I decided to embrace my inner child and had a blast making birthday crowns with pipe cleaners and pom poms. Check out the very simple tutorial below:
1. Gather your supplies: pipe cleaners, pom poms, a hot glue gun, and glue sticks.
2. Start by creating the band for your crown. I used two pipe cleaners to create the base ring.
3. Wrap pipe cleaners around the base you created, forming triangle shapes.
4. I did a second tier of triangles to fill the crown out more. On my crown, I added a heart shape.
5. Glue pom poms on as your pretend gems, and enjoy!
I didn’t need booby pins to hold my crown on, even while dancing.
So stylish. 🙂