Glitter & Stud Your Phone Case
I have a Google Nexus, and finding cases for it can sometimes be a challenge. I decided to spruce up my plain case with two of my favorite things- glitter and studs. Check out the tutorial below for this super simple DIY project:
1. Gather your materials: a phone case, Mod Podge, glitter, clear spray paint, a paint or foam brush, flat-back studs, and E-6000.
2. Place your phone case on top of a paper plate. I used a paper plate so that I could funnel my leftover glitter back into the container.
3. Apply your first layer of Mod Podge.
4. Cover that baby with glitter.
5. Allow to dry, then add another layer of Mod Podge.
6. Add more glitter. I used black glitter on a black case so if I missed spots it wouldn’t be as noticeable.
7. Allow to dry. Spray with clear spray paint to waterproof it.
8. Glue on your studs (in a ventilated area). Mine were from a clearance bin at Michael’s and were meant to be ironed on… but they were only $0.50.
9. Allow everything to dry overnight. In the last picture above, everything was still a little tacky because I was impatient.
Tada! You have a personalized case! Other DIY case ideas could be to use: images, scrapbook paper, rhinestones, etc. Once I find another cheap case for my phone, I really want to make one completely covered with pyramid studs.