DIY Lined Zipper Pouch + Freebie Friday
Today I have both a tutorial and a giveaway for you! Check out the tutorial below to learn how to make your own customizable zippered pouch, and enter the giveaway to win the one featured in this tutorial:
1. Gather your supplies: fabric, a zipper, scissors, acrylic or fabric paint, a foam or paintbrush, freezer paper, an iron and ironing board, and a sewing machine or needle and thread.
2. Cut out 4 rectangles of fabric that are the same length as your zipper.
3. Fold the top edge of each rectangle over 1/4″ inch and iron flat.
4. Cut a strip of freezer paper. This will be used to make your stencil.
5. Cut your designs out of your freezer paper. If you draw on your freezer paper, draw on the matte side of the paper, not the shiny side.
6. Iron your freezer paper onto your fabric, shiny side down.
7. Paint gently within each freezer paper stencil. Be careful around your edges, so paint doesn’t leak out of your stencil.
8. Allow to dry and gently remove your contact paper. Iron both sides of your design to set the paint.
9. Sandwich one edge of your zipper (right side up) in between two rectangles of fabric (wrong sides together).
10. Sew through all three layers (fabric shell, zipper, fabric liner).
11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for the other half of your pouch.
12. Now that everything is sewed to your zipper, unzip your zipper. Fold your shell on top of your other shell fabric piece. This places your two shell pieces on top of each other, right sides together, and does the same with your liner pieces.
13. Sew around the edges of your entire rectangle, leaving a gap on the liner edge.
14. Turn your bag right side out via the gap in the liner.
15. Sew this gap closed, and push your liner into the body of your pouch.
16. Tada! You have made your own lined zipper pouch!
I used the same fabric for the liner and the shell of this pouch, but using coordinating fabric would work great too. Use this type of pouch as a makeup bag, pencil case, mini iPad case, etc.
PS- Remember the giveaway I mentioned? Well, enter below and one winner will receive this chevron pouch, handmade by yours truly. Giveaway ends next Friday, November 22nd.